Purpose of Collection
- The personal data collected from you will be used by Techtronic Asia Company Limited (“Company”) for the purposes of:
- providing information about the Company and our products and/or services to you;
- processing your order for purchase, including verifying your payment details or status;
- processing your registration for any marketing and promotional activities or membership;
- processing your registration for product warranty;
- processing your registration as a registered user of our Website;
- processing your registration for servicing of your products;
- providing you with our products and/or services;
- providing you with regular communications from us with details of our products, services and relevant benefits;
- carrying out promotional campaign which you have entered;
- carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your preference and buying behaviour and to provide products and services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting products and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- processing any enquiries arising out of or in connection with the Company, products and/or services;
- investigation of complaints and suspicious transactions;
- prevention or detection of crimes;
- disclosure as required by law;
- processing your job application;
- other related purposes for which you have otherwise made it available to us;
- if you have provided your consent for the use of your data for direct marketing purposes, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail, SMS, other media whether now known or available in the future) and/or by direct mail with information about goods and services like those which were the subject of such consent; and
- if you have provided your consent, to permit selected third parties to use your data, to contact you by electronic means and/or by direct mail.
- Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks (*). If you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to process your registration, process your purchase order and provide you with our products or services.
- When you visit the Company’s website, we may use cookie files and analytics to store and track information about your preference or your actions for the purposes of providing our products and services to you. You can choose “Not accept” cookies by changing the settings but if you do so you may find that certain features on our website will not work properly.
Transfer of Personal Data
- The information we collected may be disclosed or transferred to parties relevant and necessary for the purposes as stated in paragraphs 1 and 2 above, or if we instruct third parties to process your data under our authority, but this will be done following strict adherence to applicable laws and regulations. These third parties may include, if applicable, (i) any agent, contractor or other third party service provider who provides data processing, telecommunications, collection, credit reference, security, credit, banking, financial, or other professional services, to us; (ii) any company within TTI Group; (iii) any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights (whether in Hong Kong or abroad); and/or (iv) any person or entity to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any laws, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any regulatory or other authorities, for any or all of the purposes mentioned above. TTI Group means Techtronic Industries Company Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates in Hong Kong or abroad.
- We retain your personal data no longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes mentioned above unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Access to Personal Data
- You have a right to request access to, obtain a copy of and request correction of your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any personal data access request.
- All enquiries concerning the personal data provided, including access and the requests for corrections, should be made in writing and addressed to TTI’s Legal Officer and/or Privacy Officer:
Legal Officer Phone number : (852) 2402 6888 Fax number: (852) 2413 5971 E-mail address : email@example.com 29/F, Tower 2 Kowloon Commerce Centre 51 Kwai Cheong Road Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong
Privacy Officer Phone number : (852) 2402 6888 Fax number: (852) 2413 5971 E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org Techtronic Asia Company Limited 29/F, Tower 2 Kowloon Commerce Centre 51 Kwai Cheong Road Kwai Chung, New Territories, Hong Kong